Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Picture This {fancy pants}


Today on the Fancy Pants Designs blog, I'm sharing a layout using four or more photos.

I love the way a grid layout can bring focus to not only the theme of the pictures, but also a spotlight on the colors and patterns in the papers I use. The orange and teal colors in the True Friend collection
were just what I wanted for pumpkin picking photos.


If you were looking to make this yourself, first cut photos to 2.5 inches. Then cut squares of pattern paper to 2.5". After that, use a ruler and draw a grid with squares that would hold 2.5" squares with just a little space on each side.

Once the grid was penciled onto the background paper, I ran the page through my sewing machine right over the pencil lines.


I made sure to create a few squares that weren't the 2.5" paper or photos. By using one of the large tags and also a square for journaling, it makes the layout a little bit more playful. I finished it off with some embellishments and ink splatter.

Fancy Pants Designs Collections Used: True Friend, Me-ology

Thanks for stopping by here today!

No comments: