Thursday, July 24, 2014

ThermOWeb week {fancy pants}


This week, the gals over at the Fancy Pants blog are sharing work using ThermOWeb adhesives with Fancy Pants collections. 

The best test for any adhesive is a multi-texture project. Can you get paper to stick to canvas? To burlap? With they hold well when layered? Well, ThermOWeb worked great for my burlap twine wreath with paper detailing! I so am pleased with how it turned out.


To make this wreath, I started with a flat circle wreath you can find at nearly every craft store. I then used the iCraft Adhesive in the 1/2 inch size to hold the burlap twine onto the wreath. I placed it in strips all along the one side of the wreath, allowing it to hold the twine in place better than if I had no
adhesive or even a wet-apply adhesive.


Once the twine was wrapped around, I cut some flowers from Me-ology collection papers using a studio file from Lori Whitlock and my Cameo. I used three different sizes and three different patterned papers to add dimension and texture to the layering.


To apply the flowers to the wreath, I used the ZOTS 3D singles. They worked wonderfully! And they are forgiving, too, so I was able to move flowers around and change my mind as I worked without fear of ruining the project.

I then began to add in some of the die cut pieces from the Me-ology collection. In some places, I used the Sticky Tape Runner when I didn't want the dimension of the ZOTS 3D, like with the buttons or the flair.


The best part is that this wreath has been hanging on my door for a week or so now, with a dog and boy running in and out and nothing has fallen off. I'd say that the project was a success with a test like that!

Fancy Pants Designs collection used: Me-ology

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Such a FUN wreath!